Gift for Bride Who Lost Father

Gift for Bride Who Lost Father.

Bride’s Deceased Father Gift

Hi ladies – I am a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding for one of my good friends. When she was in high school, her dad passed away from cancer. Now that she’s getting married, I think the fact that he’s gone is more real to her…her mom will be the one walking her down the aisle. I wanted to give her a memento (which I would give her BEFORE the actual wedding day) honoring her dad.

I thought about giving her a charm bracelet with a locket charm with her dad’s photo (I could get that from her mom). Then the locket could come off and she could attach it to her shoe or bouquet so that he could “walk her down the aisle.”

The only thing I am nervous about is giving her something she feels forced to use on the day. I can’n imagine she wouldn’t like it, but I know brides are forced to do or use items people have gifted them, that they might not otherwise use.

Do you think this would be a good idea? What other ideas can you guys think of?

Cricket Catering

• Mrs. Hunnibear

Suhu

October 2015

My father passed some years ago and if one of my BM’s did this for berpenyakitan I would be so touched! I think it’s a great idea. If you are worried she feels she has to use it just explain to her that she doesn’falak have to use it but you just wanted to honor her dad. The locket is a great idea. I use to have a necklace that had a picture of my dad and I engraved on it but it was stolen.

You have such a great heart!

• Susan

March 2015

Susan

As a bride without my Mother and my father is fighting cancer, I would love it! Just please do this a while before the wedding. If she is like derita, the tears will be flowing like a river. I would for sure use it on my day.

• FinallyMrsSloan

April 2015

That is such a sweet idea! Run it by her mom and then give her the option to use it the day of. She may be too emotional for that but it would still be a great gift.

• Barbara

September 2014

Barbara

Keep in mind her mom may have something similar planned. . .

• Lacey

May 2014

Lacey

I agree – talk to her mom!

• RH

November 2014

RH

That’s a really sweet idea, but as others suggested definitely give it to her a good bit in advance because she’s already on an emotional roller coaster just thinking about her dad titinada being there.

I’m getting emotional reading this!

• L + R

September 2014

L + R

I think that you should just give her the charm with it still being detachable and let her decide. Don’t mention the idea–maybe mention it to her mom while getting the picture and let her mom do that if she wants.

@RebeccaHope, I got teary too.

• Teagan

July 2015

Teagan

I love this idea! But I have to agree with the other ladies, run it by mom first and do it well before the wedding. Also let your friend know that there are no hard feelings if she decides not to wear it on her wedding day.

• Rebecca

June 2015

Rebecca

I think it’s a lovely idea, and agree – run it by her mom, partly to make sure her mom isn’t already doing it … the one thing you don’cakrawala want to do is to duplicate something her mom is doing!

Especially if it’s small, she can pin it to her bouquet, or even pin it inside the bodice of her dress – but honestly, if you just give it to her and put a a safety pin inside the box with it, she’ll decide on her own what to do with it, I’m sure.

Very sweet of you.

• Munkos

September 2014

Munkos

Get a feel for what her plans are. My parents have both passed and I would’ve been way too emotional for anything like that. The time leading up to my wedding was in a lot of ways like grieving all over again. But that’s just berpenyakitan! Definitely talk to her mom and see what she thinks – she’s probably been the one your friend has leaned on to talk about this stuff.

• Emmy

January 2015

Emmy

Very sweet, I agree with the ladies to check with her mom. The bride might be doing that for herself too, my dad passed away 2 years ago . My mom knows I am getting 1 for myself but doesn’n know I’m getting charms for my family. My SIL (brothers wife and MOH) and I can put them in our bouquets. I don’tepi langit know where my brothers will put theirs, and I am surprising my mom with it.