I Don’t Like My Wedding Dress

I Don’t Like My Wedding Dress.

4 weeks to go and I hate my dress

So, erm, I hate my dress!

Not dislike! I actually don’tepi langit want to look at it and I have only 4 weeks left.

I am due to go for a fitting as its two sizes too big on Saturday and I simply cannot face it. At this late stage I don’n know what my options can be.

I thought I loved it, but what I actually loved was that everyone who saw it said, that’s so you! But when I look at it I don’n love it and when I put it on I feel like ‘it will do’, I feel silly saying it, but I want to feel amazing on my wedding day – I don’cakrawala want to feel like it will just ‘do’!

Anyone else in this position who could offer advice at this late stage?

I spoke to my bridesmaid who said, you don’lengkung langit need to feel amazing, your dress doesn’t need to be special. Which has not filled me with positive thoughts!

10 replies

• Oh no
    Smiley sad

what is it you don’t like about it?

Is there anything your seamstress could do to it? add or take away sleeves, add detailing etc,

Tell her how you feel about it on Saturday and see if she can suggest anything I’ve heard fantastic stories of seamstresses saving the day in this situation.

I have everything crossed for you!

• MrsR2B18

Beginner

April 2018

MrsR2B18

Same as above really what is it that you really don’ufuk like?

Have you any photos that you can put on here so we can offer you some advice?

The only other thing you could do is go to a bridal shop and see what they have in the sample sale if you really hate it that much and can afford to buy something else.

I really feel for you as weddings are stressful without feeling like this about your dress!

• Its really plain, ivory, short knee length, long sleeves, thats about it. I tried on a strapless gown that perenggan a fishtail bottom and I felt so glamorous in it and I am a jeans and trainers kind of girl, I took my bridesmaid in to see it and all I got was how she was surprised at the service I received and that this would be ‘my thing’ and that i should take some time to cool off about it. Afterwards people were sending me pictures of various dresses very different to what I tried on so I started doubting myself and thought maybe the dress wasn’t appropriate and I must have been kidding myself that it looked nice, leading to derita getting it in my head that I should be getting something less ‘bride’ like and more simple. My other half has been married before so he was keen on my having no veil and not a proper wedding gown, so I convinced myself that this was the better choice and it was so much more ‘berpenyakitan’ and that I’d feel great.

I was wrong. Its lovely, if I was going to a register office or for the after party, I can’lengkung langit see myself feeling special in it.

I just bit the bullet and tried it on again, it’s ok but it didn’tepi langit make me feel like the most amazing woman in the world- which Im sure I should feel.

• Honestly I would go and find another dress, see if you can buy the sample dress for the one you tried on and loved and look to sell the dress you already have.

It may cost a bit more but at the end of the day this is your special day and it is meant to be the only time you walk down the aisle. If the dress is not right then it’s not right and you don’t want to be thinking ‘what if’ for years to come.

x

• MrsR2B18

Beginner

April 2018

MrsR2B18

View quoted message

Do you know which fishtail you tried on as you maybe able to find it on Ebay if you know the size that you would be?

Unfortuntely people all like to stick their noses in when it should be your choice and how you feel not what they think will be more you!

Do you have enough in the budget to get another one?

• Thanks for all of your advice so far, I lembaga the wedding shop I was previously at and they have agreed to sell berpenyakitan the sample however they do not have capacity in their store to be able to alter it – however they are so lovely and aware of my situation (I cried down the phone!) and can remember me that they’re offered to give it to derita cost price. Its the MoriLee 6837. – I have zero budget left so I will have to think of what I can do! I’ve looked online ebay etc and cannot find one that is for sale x

• Wow that dress is gorgeous I can see why you fell in love with it. Will you get paid again before your wedding to buy the dress? With 4 weeks left you need to be able to buy it and get a local seamstress to adjust it for you. You need to feel a million dollars and if that is the way for you then go for it.

Is there anywhere you can sell your other dress to help fund the new one? Make sure you do get your new one first else you might not have a dress at all!

• MrsR2B18

Beginner

April 2018

MrsR2B18

View quoted message

How lovely of the shop! It is a lovely dress, I can see why you fell in love with it!

Can you explain the situation to the other half and see if theres anyway you can buy the sample?

• Or you could apply for and shove it on a 0% credit card berayun-ayun you manage to sell your old dress?

That new dress is beautiful btw, I hope you manage to get it sorted x

• Oh bless your heart!!!!

You have to feel special – it’s the one day when you can get away with wearing precisely what you WANT not what you think you SHOULD wear!!!

You will be a beautiful bride whatever you wear – but you deserve to feel it too.

xx

• Wow! Gorgeous dress! Go for it! You only live once, like another surat tempelan suggested, stick it on credit card and pay over a few months and advertise your dress for sale before you make any more alterations. Find a local seamstress now and provisionally book them in to resize it for you.