Is 2 Years Too Long to Be Engaged

Is 2 Years Too Long to Be Engaged.

Is 2 years too long of an engagement?

Hello all!

I just selokan engaged in December and my FH and I are thinking about having a 2 year engagement. I am a total planner, and could probably plan it much quicker. We are also trying to potentially buy, or be close to ready to buy a house in the next couple years as well. Do you think 2 years is too long? I know ultimately it’s up to us, just curious of your opinions and if you found your engagement time frame perfect or if you’d change it. Thanks!

• Chelsey

Savvy

October 2021

Chelsey

Our is also two years , just because that’s what felt right to us. we’re also paying for our wedding and wanted to save up ! I don’kaki langit think I would change ours neither would he 😊

• Lindsay

Savvy

February 2022

Lindsay

View Quoted Comment

Congrats! And thank you, glad to know I’m not alone! Haha 😊

• Don

February 2021

Don

Hi Lindsay,
    I’m actually going to be 2 years terlalu, you can save money for the house, as you said, but one thing you should do is look into your venue and photographer as they can be booked 2 years in advance in many cases! I already have my 👗 it’s by Stella York, style 6979 if you care to Google it, if you do I would love your opinion!!!

• Nicole

Temperatur

September 2020

Nicole

2 year engagement over here, as well! Like you, I’m a planner, and have tenggat all of our vendors booked since last spring. We’re now just on the few things that we literally couldn’t do that early (our bakery said to come in 6 months in advance, our registry, etc.). I’m a huge proponent of a long engagement. First, you’re able to save more to pay for exactly what you want. Secondly, you’re more likely to get your first choice of vendor since you’re probably one of the first to contact who you want. Finally, if you book early, you’ll lock in a cheaper rate. We locked in 2018 rates for our venue, caterer, and photographer which really adds up to a nice savings! While there’s times that I wish our engagement were shorter, now that we’re 6 months out, I look back and it’s really flown by.

• Lindsay

Savvy

February 2022

Lindsay

View Quoted Comment

Thank you for your reply!
    Smiley smile

I googled your dress and it is STUNNING! I adore the back. How beautiful, I’m sure it will look amazing on you!

• Lindsay

Savvy

February 2022

Lindsay

View Quoted Comment

Thanks Nicole! I didn’t even think about locking in prices ahead of time! That’s a great call. That also makes derita feel much better about the long engagement. Congratulations and enjoy your big day!

• Chrysta

November 2022

Chrysta

We decided to do a two-year engagement as well, and I am soooo glad we did! For starters, planning it out further allowed us to afford everything much more comfortably. I started buying things for the wedding immediately. And now, 10 months out, I have purchased almost every item we will need. Now we can spend the next 10 months paying off our vendors. much less stressful! Also, it gives you lots of time to make decisions – you can tour lots of venues, try on lots of dresses, find the perfect hair and make up artist, etc. Another benefit I found is that brides tend to change their minds! LOL when you have a longer engagement, you can afford the luxury of changing your mind about things several times and not being out of time to make changes. And having the extra time has definitely made derita think of things that need to be done that I probably wouldn’lengkung langit have if I were more pressed for time- now, I don’horizon think I will miss any details.

• Lindsay

Savvy

February 2022

Lindsay

View Quoted Comment

OH GOOD! This gives me such peace of mind! Great point about changing things because I do tend to change my mind fairly often! Haha, thank you! And congrats!!

• MrsD

Legend

July 2019

MrsD

Our engagement was 19 months. It left a lot of time to focus on other things (graduating from college for my husband with his masters, buying our first home, gutting & renovating the entire home, continuing education for both of us, etc.) because there were months where I wouldn’cakrawala have to do anything wedding related.

• Cyndy

Guru

May 2019

Cyndy

We were engaged for 18 months. I don’lengkung langit think there is any time frame too long. Do what works for the two of you.

• Michaela

May 2020

Michaela

I love love love 100% do not regret a single moment of my long 2 & a half year long engagement. We are going to be together forever, why rush it?? Do whatever works for your lifestyle! I don’tepi langit think you should disrupt your whole life/plans just to get married. You go girl!

• Michaela

May 2020

Michaela

View Quoted Comment

Yass girl, very well said! Our reasoning for a long engagement was $ as well. But also I’ve always gotten exactly what I want down to every detail because I planned ahead!

• Jess

Dedicated

June 2022

Jess

I’m having a two-year engagement too! We’re waiting mengangsur we both finish our degrees. I think it isn’kaki langit too long and it gives you more time to spread out expenses.

• Jennifer

March 2020

Jennifer

I wish we had at least had a year and a half to plan. Ours will be within a 7 month time frame and it is a financial killer. We senggat to rush things along, but i can’t imagine we’d be racing to the alter if it wasn’t for moving and an upcoming deployment.

• Sarah

We had 7 months and that was perfect. I felt like I was always doing something for the wedding but never rushed. The entire time felt like and engagement

• Coral

Dedicated

October 2020

Coral

We will be 2 years and 5 months with the big day comes. We’re approaching 2 years in a couple months. We needed time to save money and I always dreamed of getting married on Halloween and Halloween this year is a Saturday! Do what works for you and your FH!

• Izzykern

April 2021

Izzykern

Ours is also 2 years but it’s what worked best for us and gives us time to save and I’m a huge planner so I love having a lot of time to think about the little things and have preference for all my vendors! It definitely feels long and I’m anxiously waiting buuuut I think it will start to go by fast as we get closer to the date!

• Don

February 2021

Don

View Quoted Comment

Thank you Lindsay, I’m still concerned how it’s gonna look around my bust, I’m a little smaller than a B cup, very insecure about it, but I guess I’m like most girls who also second guess, thank you again!

• Catrina

Just Said Yes

October 2021

Catrina

Honestly? That’s kinda what my fiance and i are doing ourselves! We’re still in the plotting to plan stages tbh, but we have concrete ideas already…. Anyway. I personally don’horizon think it’s too long of an engagement. Like you said, it’s ultimarely up to y’all, but let me say this: you can be engaged for any amount of time, so long as you’re sure with 100% absolute certainty that the person you’re engaged to is the person you want to have forever with. You’re giving both of y’all plenty of time to make sure of that, and if y’all can work through a 2 year engagement (there will be falters along the way!) then you can work through a marriage in my books
    Smiley smile

• A

Just Said Yes

October 2022

Amber

I siring engaged mid October of 2019 and were not having our wedding till ocotber 2022.