The Ideas Contained in the Declaration of Independence Helped.
The Declaration of Independence
Each of the projects is designed to let y’all to demonstrate your skills and abilities with respect to what you have learned in this lesson. We offer you many choices so that you tin find the one(s) that you observe most interesting or relevant. In many of these projects we offer you aid in how to arroyo them.
Jefferson was heavily influenced by some cracking political philosophers before him (e.g. Locke, Hobbes, Rousseau, and Montesquieu)
- Create a Comparison Nautical chart to show what issues Jefferson agreed with three of these thinkers and what areas he would have had disagreement and be prepared to do a ten minute presentation on this map.
- Write a brusque play near Jefferson’s dinner conversation with any 2 of his historical influencers.
- Write an essay or build a presentation that shows which of Jefferson’s ideas in the Declaration of Independence came from these great thinkers. Consider using Google Docs or Slideshare.
- Create a discussion between Jefferson and ane of the historical figures. You might consider using Wetoku to enact the chat.
The colonial menstruation between 1753-1776 was pivotal in how the country was formed.
- Create the front end folio of a newspaper or a web homepage (simulated or alive) that consolidates this period. Write 4-6 articles on the page and observe the advisable images and headlines for your front folio.
The Declaration of Independence is an 18th century document. How would the ideas be communicated today? You lot can choose to…
- Rewrite the Declaration of Independence as a 21st century document in your ain language
- Build a Facebook folio for the D of I, include any relevant pictures of the proceedings and different documents or videos that you can find that you call up are advisable
- Perform a song or poem that describes the central ideas in the Declaration
The Announcement of Independence included these three major ideas:
- People take certain Inalienable Rights including Life, Freedom and Pursuit of Happiness
- All Men are created equal
- Individuals have a civic duty to defend these rights for themselves and others
How important practice you think these principals are today? Are nosotros still living by them? Selection one and
- Write a paper to examine and defend your position.
- Give a voice communication explaining whether we are living upward to the ideals.
- Write a fictional story based in the present day that deals with one or more than of these ideas. Create a conflict and determine how your lead grapheme(s) volition deal with them.
- Create a forum/survey (online or offline) to collect opinions around how well America is living up to whatever or all of these principals. Make a presentation on your findings.
- Conduct an interview with Thomas Jefferson and take him explain why he felt one of the above ideas was and then important…. Come with 2 other follow-upwards questions you lot would inquire him about this issue and take him respond those equally well.
The iii ideas are strongly entangled. What would information technology hateful if one of the iii were removed? Write two like brusque stories. One that describes a scenario when all three ideas are in play, the other when merely two are.
- Is there another thought that you think should exist inserted as an inalienable right. Write a story that demonstrates the right and its critical importance.
Those in the 2d Continental Congress did not just walk in and sign the Declaration of Independence. It took well-nigh a year from the time they kickoff met to the time they signed information technology. Research what went on during the catamenia that led up to the signing of the Annunciation of Independence and
- Accept on the part of a belatedly night comedian. Write a monologue that pokes fun at what went on.
- Develop a series of “supposed” Television receiver news interviews to evidence how things developed.
The Ideas Contained in the Declaration of Independence Helped