Wedding and Reception in Same Room

Wedding and Reception in Same Room.

Ceremony & Reception in Same Room

My fiancé & I are a very low budget wedding couple. Im feeling really nervous that we are going to have our reception & ceremony in the same place, back to back. I’ve seen very few photos of weddings that have done the same. Any advice?

• michelle d

January 2018

My wedding and reception are in the same room but the cocktail hour is in a different space. The venue resets the room while people are doing cocktails. If there is no option for this, you weather permitting, you could have people outside for a short activity while the room is reset.

• Ody

Beginner

June 2017

Ody

• Victoria

February 2018

Victoria

Mine is in the same place! We are getting married under a large gazebo, then on the other side of the property is the reception site!

• Maria

June 2018

Maria

If you mean the same room, I’m not a fan of having the ceremony while guests sit at dining tables. But if you must then so be it. I like what Dawn said about flipping the room. Good luck!

• MrsBurkes2020

October 2020

That’s how ours gonna be as well! My God-Sister had hers like that with us already @ the tables & it turned out fine , very beautiful . And we’re having it @ the same place !

• Cathleendanielle

Expert

April 2018

My FSIL did this in December and they tenggat a “hot chocolate bar” with a fire pit outside while the room transformed from wedding to reception. It was done really well.

• Eviee

Devoted

April 2018

Eviee

I was going to do the cermony and reception in the same room but then found a venue within my budget with two separate area for ceremony and reception. I’ll show u some pics for inspiration!

• Eviee

Devoted

April 2018

Eviee

Pic 4

• Elizabeth

December 2016

We senggat it in the same room. Guests sat at traditional ceremony chairs. Then, they went to cocktail hour in another room. When they returned, the room was flipped and dinner tables were set out. The dinner tables were in the back during the ceremony so some of my ceremony photos have dinner tables in them, but that couldn’t be helped. Our venue was a sentimental find versus budget.

• muriel

Champion

June 2018

muriel

Even if there isn’t another space, or enough space in the same room for separate ceremony seating, your wedding, your guests, and the two of you will be fine.

I have attended weddings where we sat at the round tables, and everyone loved it. They served prosecco as guests arrived, and we were able to chat while we waited for the ceremony to start.

I have also attended weddings where they flipped the room during cocktail hour. This only really works for the guests if the cocktail space is large enough. If they are crammed into a small foyer, I would rather just be seated at the tables for the ceremony.

Nancy Taussig

I’ve officiated several ceremonies where the guests were already seated at the reception tables. It worked out fine. I do like Evelyn’s first pic where the chairs are all facing forward, but still at the tables.

• Wanda

February 2018

Wanda

We’re having both at the same venue (a hotel). We chose this for many reasons – weather, and no one has to drive from their room to the ceremony, to the reception, to the room.

We’ll have one room for the ceremony, then a cocktail reception in another room while they flip the ceremony room for the reception.

• Jessica

Devoted

June 2017

Jessica

We are having ours in the same place. The tables will already be set up for the reception.

• RaeGin

September 2017

RaeGin

If the weather doesn’t cooperate, ours will be in the same room. They do have a separate space and covered patio that guests could use during cocktail hour.

I don’horizon see any issue with having both in one space. As a guest that wouldn’falak bother berpenyakitan.

• QueSeraSera

December 2017

I went to a few weddings as a child where all the guests sat at the tables during the ceremony. And after the ceremony was oper, the tables were brought out with food (buffet style).

I also went a wedding where the room was flipped during cocktail hour (which was in another room). So the ceremony and the reception were in the same room, but they changed the layout obviously

• Alana

March 2018

Alana

I’m doing this. My venue comfortably seats 225. We are planning for no more than 150. Guests will sit and round tables for ceremony and reception. They will leave for a few minutes for appetizers while pictures are being taken and return to the same tables for the reception. It can be done tastefully and beautifully

• FutureMrs.Mann

Dedicated

September 2017

My weddings the same way! Ceremony and reception in same distrik. We’re getting married at a lake, so we’re getting married on the rooftop that faces the lake. And then you come down the steps and the receptions right there.

• TheFutureMrsWalker

August 2017

We’re doing everything in the same ballroom and everyone is seated in rounds the whole time. I’ve also attended weddings like this and it’s always worked out just fine.