What is the Topic of the Poem.
Poem Starters and Creative Writing Ideas
Here are lots of poem starters that y’all can use for your ain poetry writing. (If you’re looking for
instead, click here). At the bottom of the folio, you’ll discover links to more than pages with creative writing ideas.
Poetry ideas – Write a poem well-nigh:
- A particular color
- Existence underwater
- A person whose life yous’re curious about
- Your mother’south perfume
- Falling comatose or waking up
- Growing older
- The feeling of getting lost in a book
- How to know if you’re in love
- A bad dream
- A ghost
- Your city, town, or neighborhood
- An important life selection you’ve made
- Bound, summer, autumn, or winter
- Something most people see every bit ugly but which you encounter as beautiful
- Condign a parent
- An event that inverse you
- A place you lot visited — how yous imagined information technology beforehand, and what information technology was actually like
- The sea
- The speed of low-cal
- A voodoo doll
- Reflections on a window
- A paper headline
- Your greatest fear
- Your grandmother’south hands
- A particular toy you had as a child
- Beingness invisible
- A fourth dimension yous felt homesick
- Having an affair, or discovering your partner is having one
- A favorite nutrient and a specific memory of eating it
- An imaginary metropolis
- Driving with the radio on
- Life in an aquarium
- Walking with your eyes closed
- What a calculator might daydream about
- Time travel
- Brothers or sisters
- Your job, or a chore you’ve had
- Leaving home
- A zoo
- A historical upshot from the perspective of someone who saw it firsthand (You volition have to do some research for this).
- Holding your breath
- Intimacy and privacy
- A time yous were tempted to do something y’all feel is wrong
- Physical attraction to someone
- A superstition y’all have
- Someone y’all adore
Learn techniques for writing successful poems in our online form.
Verse form starters- the v senses
- Write about the sense of taste of: an egg, an orange, medicine, cinnamon
- Write about the smell of: burning nutrient, melting snow, the ocean, your grandparents’ home, the within of a bus, pavement after the rain
- Write about the audio of: a radio changing channels, a dog howling, a football or baseball game, your parents talking in some other room
- Write about the sight of: lit windows in a business firm when you’re standing exterior at night, someone you beloved when he or she doesn’t know you’re watching, a dying plant, shadows on snow
- Write nearly the feeling of: grass under bare feet, a really bad kiss, the headrush when yous stand too fast, sore muscles, falling asleep in the back seat of a moving auto.
Poem starters- three elements
Write a poem that contains all three of the elements in any of the lists beneath:
- a dessert, a memory, and someone in your family
- dancing, a pitch-black room, and the smell of lilacs
- a airship, smoke, and a keyhole
- a secret box, an ice cube tray, and a velvet ribbon
- a betrayal, soap, and a plane ticket
Poem starters – go on writing
Where would you similar to go now? Choose a link below:
- Click here for even more than poesy ideas.
- Click here for a list of CWN pages with poetry prompts.
- Click here to sign upward for our online course, Essentials of Poesy Writing.
- Click here for advice on how to write poesy.
- Click here for story starters and fiction writing ideas.
<< BACK from
Creative Writing Ideas Abode
What is the Topic of the Poem