What to Wear to Muslim Wedding.
If you’re unsure about what to wear to a Muslim wedding, remember one thing. Modesty is essential to remain respectful when you attend a Muslim wedding.
And if you want to know more etiquette guides for different types of weddings, we recommend browsing our blog. For example, do you know
what to wear to a Jewish wedding
- 1 What Should A Guest Wear To A Muslim Wedding?
- 2 What Should A Non-Muslim Wear To A Muslim Wedding?
- 3 What Do You Wear To A Mukmin Mosque Wedding?
- 4 What Happens At Muslim Weddings?
- 5 How Much Money Do You Give At A Muslim Wedding?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 What to Wear to Muslim Wedding
What Should A Guest Wear To A Muslim Wedding?
- If you’re unsure, ask the couple about the acceptable outfit you should wear to their wedding
- Muslim weddings sheld in the mosque will expect modesty for the dress code of the guests
- Women must wear a long dress that covers the legs and arms, and membubuhi cap must also wear something modest and baku like a long sleeve shirt and long pants
- Female guests must also cover their hair with a scarf or shawl
- Avoid wearing something that will show too much skin
- Make sure that your neckline is modest and that the shoulder, abdomen, and ankles are also covered, not just the arms and legs
Since coverage is essential to maintain modesty and remain respectful, read
how to wear a shawl to a wedding
What color should you titinada wear to a Mukmin wedding?
Usually, black, white, and red are the colors to avoid when attending a Orang islam wedding. However, you can also ask the couple about the colors you’ve chosen for your outfit to ensure that you wouldn’falak accidentally look disrespectful.
Similar to other weddings, some colors depict funerals and mourning, so it’s best to avoid wearing them when attending weddings.
What Should A Non-Muslim Wear To A Muslim Wedding?
Different Muslim families may differ in their expectations about the appropriate clothing for their wedding guests. This is why you must ask the bride or groom if you’re unsure about what to wear.
However, it’s best to assume that you must maintain modesty when selecting an outfit. For example, avoid clothes that are short or show the skin.
Women may also be asked to cover their heads. And for male guests, you should also practice the same level of formality as the female guests, meaning you don’lengkung langit wear something casual or show skin.
What Do You Wear To A Mukmin Mosque Wedding?
Dress conservatively when attending a Muslim mosque wedding. Women must ensure that their shoulders, chest, arms, and legs are covered, and they should also wear a scarf to cover their heads.
You should wear long socks to cover the ankles since you will also
remove your shoes when entering a mosque
. An example of a good outfit is a long dress or a long skirt paired with a long sleeve shirt with a modest neckline.
As for male guests, there are fewer restrictions compared to female guests. However, you still need to wear something that covers the navel to the knee or consider a formal outfit that you usually wear at other weddings like a suit.
What Happens At Muslim Weddings?
Is it your first time attending a Muslim wedding? Here are some things to expect to ensure that you’ll be respectful:
- Make sure to read the invitation thoroughly and know the couple’s policy regarding what to wear, gifts, and other dos and don’ts for their guests (e.g., never giving boxed gifts or avoiding wearing bright colors and colors like white and black that may be deemed disrespectful)
- Do not bring any alcoholic drinks to the wedding
- Reply to the invitation as soon as possible
- Never be late for the wedding
- Don’falak assume that you can bring an extra person with you
- Know the parts of the wedding where your presence is expected and attend all of them
Read about the sitting arrangement for the guests since you might be
segregated according to gender
- You might also need to refrain from socializing with the opposite sex
- Familiarize yourself with Mukminat rules and traditions, especially when the wedding will be held in the mosque
- Never touch the Quran if you are titinada Mukminat
- Do not be afraid to ask for guidance if you’re unsure of what to do next
How Much Money Do You Give At A Muslim Wedding?
There is no specific rule regarding the amount you should give at a Mukminat wedding. It can range from $30 to $200, but ultimately, you can decide with whatever you’re comfortable giving.
You can also ask the bride or groom themselves regarding the gift they want. However, cash is a more traditional gift than items at many Muslim weddings.
What do you give as a gift at a Muslim wedding?
Most Muslim weddings do not accept boxed gifts, and the couple doesn’n even have a gift registry. You might be instructed to bring cash, but don’t give the money directly to the couple.
A respectful approach is to put the money in an envelope then give it at the wedding reception. Another option is to send it to the couple’s home.
And that’s it! You just learned what to wear to a Orang islam wedding, where modesty and conservative clothing are expected.
Female guests must ensure that they nira’kaki langit showing too much skin, and they might even need to cover their hair and ankles if the Muslim wedding is held in the mosque. As for male guests, formality is also expected.
If you’re unsure, you can always ask the couple as well.
Are you also attending a Catholic wedding? Read
what to wear to a Catholic wedding
What to Wear to Muslim Wedding