Which of These Statements About Game Design is False.
Ii Truths and a Lie is a great game that works with whatsoever historic period or group size. Withal, it works best with vi to ten people. It can be played indoors or outdoors. Two truths and a prevarication game is frequently used equally a get-to-know-you game or a party icebreaker. Since it needs no special planning or equipment, it works well when you need a quick or unplanned activeness. No special equipment is required, although if you are keeping score, you lot may want a pencil and paper.
Table of Contents
How to Play 2 Truths and a Lie
Variations of Ii Truths and a Prevarication
Two Truths and a Dream (Wish)
2 Truths and a Lie Icebreaker
3 Truthful Statements
Playing Two Truths and a Lie in the Classroom
Strategies and Suggestions for Playing Ii Truths and a Lie
Two Truths and a Lie Examples
Truths and Lies about Your Family unit and Childhood
Truths and Lies about Abilities and Achievements
Truths and Lies nigh Sports
Truths and Lies That Brand Y’all Sound Unique
Truths or Lies virtually Your Personality and Life
Truths and Lies about Food
Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
- 1 How to Play Two Truths and a Prevarication
- 2 Variations of Two Truths and a Lie
- 3 Playing Ii Truths and a Lie in the Classroom
- 4 Strategies and Suggestions for Playing 2 Truths and a Prevarication
- 5 Two Truths and a Lie Examples
- 6 Ii Truths and a Lie Ideas
- 7 Which of These Statements About Game Design is False
How to Play Two Truths and a Prevarication
Players tell two truths and one prevarication. The object of the game is for the other players to estimate which argument is the false one.
Have your players sit down in a circumvolve. They can sit down on chairs on the floor or basis. You lot will want to brainstorm past having the players innovate themselves.
Explicate the game to make sure everyone understands how to play. Make sure they sympathise past demonstrating yourself presenting ii truths and a lie to the group. A good choice might be:
- I have four children.
- I won a beauty contest in one case.
- I accept been to Communist china.
Permit the grouping to gauge which statement is a lie.
Next, tell your players to think of ii true statements, and one that is imitation, about themselves.
Go effectually the circle, having each player share their iii statements.
The players vote on which i they believe is the lie and at the end of each round, the person who stated the three truths and one lie, tells which statement is the lie.
One way to decide who goes first is to randomly choose one person. Then, if merely i person guesses the lie correctly, that person goes side by side. Alternatively, the person sitting closest to the last person goes next. Y’all can go around the circumvolve as many times as you wish, giving anybody a gamble to become at least once.
Variations of Two Truths and a Lie
Besides called Two Truths, One Lie, or Two Truths and I Not, there are some interesting variations you can try.
2 Truths and a Dream (Wish)
Instead of two true statements and a lie, each person says two true statements and a dream or wish – something that is not true just the thespian wishes it was. For example, a person who has never flown in an airplane might say, “I frequently travel past air to see my family and friends.”
This version tin can atomic number 82 to a group learning a peachy deal about 1 another and unremarkably is fun and revealing.
Two Truths and a Prevarication Icebreaker
You lot will demand pencils or pens for writing, notecards or pocket-sized pieces of paper, and something to attach the papers to each person. Have each person write their kickoff proper name and two truths and a lie on the paper and pivot information technology close to their shoulder. During the gathering, every bit participants mingle, they can guess which statement on the piece of paper is a prevarication. Subsequently, if y’all wish, you tin play a game seeing who remembers the well-nigh names and lies.
Three True Statements
A classroom game designed to utilise vocabulary, this version challenges students to write three true statements using the aforementioned vocabulary word. This as well works well with a group if you challenge them to do one of the following:
- Iii funny statements.
- Three statements with each discussion starting with the same letter.
- Three argument with a given topic, i.east. favorite food, about dogs, etc.
Playing Ii Truths and a Lie in the Classroom
Two Truths and a Lie serves as a expert classroom game. Split your students into groups of four, preferably with people they do non know well, or assign grouping members randomly. Have the members of each group sit together.
Start past having the grouping members acquire each other’s names if they do not know them. Then have them have turns telling two things that are true nigh themselves and one that is a lie (only sounds as if information technology might perhaps exist true). The other group members guess which is the prevarication. Allow your groups five to six minutes to complete the beginning circular.
Have each grouping choose ii truths and one lie about the members of their group to share with the class.
Accept each group report back to the course and permit other groups to estimate which were the truths and prevarication from each grouping. Once the truth is known, each grouping should tell the names of all members and which person their truth was about.
If at that place is time and you lot wish to do then, have the form etch two truths and a prevarication about the class as a whole or well-nigh a subject field they are studying.
Strategies and Suggestions for Playing 2 Truths and a Prevarication
This game is non fun if you cannot keep it from existence obvious which two statements are true and which one is a lie. Here are some strategies to help you fool the other players.
Make 2 boring or average statements and one that is outrageous. The one that is a prevarication should exist one of the boilerplate statements. Other players will probably doubtable that the outrageous statement is the lie.
Make two surprising or outrageous statements, one truthful, and the other a lie. Cull a common statement for your other truth. Other players will probably choice ane of the surprising statements as a prevarication, but they are unlikely to know which one is correct.
Brand your 2 true statements unbelievable, if you can and make your lie very believable. Other players will presume that the two unbelievable statements cannot both exist true and volition probably pick 1 as the lie.
- Attempt not to say your lie last.
- Mix upwardly the gild of your statements each fourth dimension it is your turn. For case, round one – truth, lie, truth – round two – prevarication, truth, truth, etc.
- Try to utilise statements other players who know you do non understand. Cull obscure facts well-nigh yourself if possible.
Two Truths and a Lie Examples
Post-obit is a list of suggested statements as examples. These statements are piece of cake to modify to make them truthful (or not truthful) for yourself. Simply supersede “have” with “take not,” “like” with “dislike,” etc.
Truths and Lies nearly Your Family and Childhood
- I am a twin.
- I graduated at the top of my class in college.
- I grew upwards on an island.
- I have a sis who is ten years younger than I.
- I used to live in a treehouse.
- I was born in England.
- I was the commencement person in my family to go to higher.
- I was voted most likely to succeed (funniest, handsomest) in loftier schoolhouse.
- I went to grade school with (a famous person).
- I went to prom wearing a designer clothes worth over $1000.
- I wore the same jacket every twenty-four hour period in eye schoolhouse.
- My dad is a secret agent (or other profession).
- My sister is a vegetarian.
- One of my cousins is a movie star (sports star).
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a movie star.
Truths and Lies almost Abilities and Achievements
- I can play the violin.
- I write poetry.
- I in one case recorded a vocal that was near a hit.
- I used to exercise stand-upward comedy.
- I once wrote and acted in a play – a murder mystery.
- I speak four languages.
- I tin wing an aeroplane.
- I took modeling classes and accept been in a commercial.
- I made a perfect score on the English language portion of the Sat.
- I have been in and won a professional eating contest.
- I do non have my commuter’due south license.
- I dropped out of college, so went back to cease.
- I accept won an art contest.
Truths and Lies about Sports
- I am really into jogging.
- I can do a cartwheel.
- I tin hold my breath underwater for two minutes.
- I can swim and competed in higher.
- I have been swimming with porpoises.
- I know how to juggle.
- I love hunting and once shot an 8-point cadet.
- I love mountain climbing.
- I played basketball in high school.
- I ran in a marathon once.
- I took ballet lessons concluding year to become more able-bodied.
Truths and Lies That Make You lot Sound Unique
- I am colorblind.
- I once stepped on a pear covered with bees, was stung multiple times, and almost died from an allergic reaction.
- I own a boob and am a ventriloquist.
- I hate the color orangish.
- I have never lived in a house that was endemic – just rentals.
- I accept visited ten foreign countries.
- I practise not watch network television.
- I launder all my dishes past hand.
- I own three cars (pets).
- I love gambling (drinking).
- I have never won a competition of whatever kind.
- I usually do not go to slumber before one a.chiliad.
- I was interviewed on the news once.
- I have an shorthand from Elvis Presley (Taylor Swift).
- I have over 100 selfies on my phone, but have never posted any of them on social media.
- I have never gotten a ticket of any kind.
- I have a pet bird (cadger).
- I never respond calls from unknown callers.
- I hate Madonna so much information technology hurts.
- I met all the members of The Beatles (Eagles).
- I nap about every day (every Lord’s day).
- I ever employ a faux name at restaurants.
- I have been to Disney Globe v times and each time information technology was with my family
- I have never died my hair.
- I have never seen The Audio of Music.
- I am an absolute art freak!
- I once ate an unabridged large pizza by myself.
- I have never lived in the aforementioned identify for more than than four years.
- I collect java cups (clocks, baseball game cards).
Truths or Lies nigh Your Personality and Life
- I am colorblind.
- I am deathly afraid of spiders (snakes).
- I do not want to get married ever.
- I hate dogs (cats).
- I have been engaged but never married.
- I accept met the President (Queen of England).
- I accept never been on a roller coaster.
- I accept never been to New York Metropolis.
- I have over 10 pets (plants) in my house.
- I love black and white movies.
- I think grasshoppers (snakes) are pretty much the cutest things ever.
- I used to be a cab driver (hairdresser).
- I used to be deathly afraid of elevators.
- I was the last of my friends to get a smart phone (driver’s license).
- I would like to take half dozen children.
Truths and Lies about Food
- I am a vegetarian.
- I detest chocolate.
- I potable four cups of coffee every day.
- I am allergic to peanuts.
- I call up tomatoes are nasty.
- I have never tasted dear.
- I detest cilantro.
- I try to avoid eating bread.
- I love deep-fried food.
- Pizza is my favorite nutrient.
Ii Truths and a Lie Ideas
Sometimes it becomes difficult to come up with ideas if you play this game frequently or with the aforementioned people. Here are some questions for you lot to think about to give you some new ideas:
- Are at that place whatever things you wish were true about yourself, but are non?
- Are you known for something, such as a sport, that would make less obvious that you liked something else, such as classical music?
- Do you have any special talents that people practice not know about?
- How many siblings do you accept and how many of each?
- What are some things you accept accomplished?
- What do you own or not own?
- What do you lot want to be when you grow up?
- What is something you have never done just that nigh people have?
- What is your favorite bailiwick in schoolhouse? What is your favorite anything?
The game Two Truths and a Lie is a great party game for teenagers, can be a good icebreaker in business organization meetings, works well in school classes, and is great whenever yous need people to go to know each other. Play with your friends, family, in the classroom, in the car on a holiday, virtually anywhere and with anyone. Have fun!
Susan majored in English with a double minor in Humanities and Business at Arizona State University and earned a Chief’south degree in Educational Assistants from Liberty University. She taught grades four through twelve in both public and individual schools. Subjects included English language, U.Due south. and world history and geography, math, earth and physical science, Bible, information technologies, and artistic writing.
Susan has been freelance writing for over 10 years, during which time she has written and edited books, newspaper articles, biographies, book reviews, guidelines, neighborhood descriptions for realtors, Power Point presentations, resumes, and numerous other projects.
Read full bio
Which of These Statements About Game Design is False