Which Sentence Uses a Colon or a Semicolon Correctly.
A semicolon is a punctuation marker used to separate two closely related clauses without using a coordinating conjunction. Here are 50 example sentences with semicolons.
Sentences With Semicolons
Semicolon gives sense to the judgement without being too believing. It helps avoid being vague and vague to encourage thought.
Semicolon (;) is used in English to join independent clauses. Information technology tells you you take to read on before reaching a bespeak of real agreement.
- I similar to exercise; for instance, I go to the gym every night subsequently work.
- I like to mind to music; I prefer jazz.
- I like to read; I am an avid reader of historical fiction
- I like to write; my blog is dedicated to English Grammer.
- I turned her down for the chore; it was not something that I particularly wanted to do.
- I parked my car outside the house; the street was busy.
- Permit`southward get out tonight; there is a neat ring playing at the club.
- Let me know your conclusion; we demand to starting time making plans before long.
- He wants to quit his task and travel around South America; he has always wanted to do information technology.
- I’m going to the beach; it is very hot here in Taiwan.
- Let me know your decision; we need to start making plans soon.
- I was just thinking virtually getting a sandwich; practise you know anywhere good?
- I’m an early riser; I become up at 5 am every 24-hour interval.
- Dogs are smarter than cats, because they can do tricks; spoken language skills are better than but barking.
- Either he is belatedly already or he won’t come at all; a lack of punctuality is not my concern.
- But the teacher was the greatest listen of his time; he had over a hundred ideas.
- I like reading; novels, plays, poems — I like them all!
- I’one thousand optimistic about your futurity; this year will be your most successful yet!
- Although information technology is dry ; there’ re many trees on the hills.
- I do non like coffee; I adopt tea.
- You ‘re looking for a task; y’all ‘re not a pupil.
- We reached school; happy and excited!
- I similar cats; dogs are nice also.
- Yous tin can; let us recollect well-nigh it together.
- The stories are both; well written plots.
- She was simply three years old when her folks moved abroad; she spoke perfect English language when she came back to u.s.a. four years afterward, at historic period seven.
- Mario Lanza was the tenor with the beautiful vox; he went to Hollywood and died of a heart attack at age thirty.
- The child ran abode; he was hungry.
- Many companies are at present turning to virtual services; they are simply cheaper.
- This is non the case; there are plenty of items that you will still have to travel for business organisation.
- This is one expanse that may change in the futurity though; e-commerce may well start providing more than of the products that nosotros purchase every twenty-four hour period.
- I used to be able to do it; but now I cannot.
- For better or worse; he will always be just a little boy to me.
- I am deplorable; there is nothing I can practise for y’all.
- She loves him; merely she hates his temper.
- The team played splendid football; almost also good for its ain good.
- The Smith family; Jill, Ken and the children; Thompson, Tessa and Tom; has e’er loved camping ground; merely subsequently visiting 1 of the earth’s largest shopping malls; they decided to take their camping trip indoors.
- My favorite player is Jackie Chan; his movies are entertaining and very funny.
- They made the dessert; ice cream, chocolate mousse and jelly.
- Please plow upward the radio; I tin’t hear information technology over the sound of the fan.
- I would dear to go to French republic; Paris or Marseille.
- You should take the bus, it’s better than walking.
- My husband is very interested in music; withal, I am not.
- The superhero had a clandestine identity and a secret origin; he was a mild-mannered reporter that worked for the Daily Bugle.
- The competition is open up to all who wish to participate; we only inquire yous send us your best entry past apex on Sunday.
- On her manner home she stopped to run into an erstwhile friend; they talked for some fourth dimension so she walked the balance of the way home.
- I dearest going at that place; nonetheless, it is a bit obscure.
- She was raised in India and Massachusetts; she lives mostly in New York City.
- I like the colors; royal is my favorite colour.
- Grandmother opposed to my new pilus color; she is afraid I will be mistaken for a skunk.
- Oh, i love this; its only amazing.
- There are things that we don’t want to happen simply take to accept; running away from our problems never helps. The best thing to do is to face the problem and solve it.
Read as well
- No Sooner Than Sentences (31 Examples)
- Examples with Neither Nor (50 Sentences)
- Sentences with Either – or
- fifty Example Sentences with Still
- Practice Does Did Sentences (fifty Examples)
- Has Have Had use in sentences | 50 Examples
- Was Were Sentences | 50 Examples
- There is – There are Sentences | 50 Examples
- Is am are sentences in English (l Examples)
Which Sentence Uses a Colon or a Semicolon Correctly